The Free Magazine for Basic Roleplaying
What makes a great role playing game? That is of course in a sense unanswerable, as it is too broad a question. We can only answer for ourselves, and usually with further qualifications of genre, setting and player group... But having said that, this hobby has been around long enough that for many of us there are systems that always seem to be a good fit — whoever is playing, whatever the setting and genre. For me the game that always seems to be a great fit is Chaosium’s Basic Roleplaying.
My broad inspiration for Uncounted Worlds is the early days of my own gaming — the heady days from the launch of AD&D through to RQIII when fan and professional magazines were bursting with creative ideas from gamers themselves, inspired by the great games being published and their own imaginations. I’d like Uncounted Worlds to recapture some of that sense of personal creativity, and share it with BRP gamers around the world.
Table of Contents
- Musings of Myriad Scribes
- Rules Were Made to be Broken: Simple life paths for BRP character generation
- One Realm Amongst Many
- A Device Most Wondrous and Strange: A Puzzle, a Lute and a Stone tablet
- Foul Spawn: Huldrefolk and Drowned Men from Ulfland
- "Be easy and free when you're drinking with me..." Imlis Bragon and Jolish Hurlis
- A Tale of the Uncounted Worlds: a chance meeting in Tarinport
THIS IS A DOWNLOADABLE BOOK. By Nick Middleton. A 52 page downloadable booklet.